WHEN: Tuesday, May 29 (8:00am – 12:00nn)
WHERE: Helping Land Tondo, Manila
Philippine Toy Library
(PTL) is a non-profit organization, that creates safe play spaces where children from marginalized communities can play for free. With the vision of ‘happiness through play’, we invite you to help make a dent in the poverty of play, one toy library at a time.
Every year or every 2 years, we visit our existing sites in order to promote children’s welfare, to check the toy library physical status, to strengthen the relationship among our community partners, and to conduct children related activities where we bring more toys and implement our activities such as storytelling, games, arts and crafts.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
JOIN US! Be one of our volunteers to spread more happiness through play and to assist us with our replenishment activity in Tondo, Manila.
*perform storytelling which will be enjoyed by the children
*participate and join the children with the games
*assist us with distributing materials, books, toys, prizes etc.
*facilitate arts and crafts activity
*help our adult volunteers in making the Toy Library operations efficient
*socialize with the children and other volunteers
Meet Up Venue: Mcdonalds Katipunan Avenue, Quezon City, 1108 Philippines (in front of Ateneo de Manila University)
Meet Up Time: 6:00am – 6:30am
- From LRT2 Katipunan station, walk along St. Bridget School going under Katipunan flyover. At the corner, you'll see One Katipunan Residences condominium and find the tricycle-terminal beside 7-11 store. You may walk straight ahead until you reach Mcdonalds, Katipunan OR ride the tricycle and tell the driver to drop you at Mcdonalds Katipunan infront of Ateneo de Manila.
- From Philcoa, ride a jeepney under the overpass going to UP Diliman. Take another jeepney from UP Diliman, Palma Hall Building going to Katipunan, Mcdonalds infront of Ateneo de Manila University.
We advise all volunteers to:
- bring water, towel and/or extra shirt
- wear comfortable clothes (such as T-shirts, pants, and rubber shoes for walking on damp earth)
- avoid wearing jewelries and/or bringing gadgets to easily participate and interact during the event
- be on time (We appreciate if you will come at least 15 minutes before the scheduled time so that we can all get to know each other and will be oriented properly.
- not give anything (e.g. food, money, supplies, etc.) to any of the children or to anyone in the community as you volunteer. We have already organized the materials. All you have to do as a volunteer is to actively engage with the activity for the children and enjoy the experience.
Like and Follow Us on our social media accounts:
Should you have inquiries, kindly contact:
Mariella T. Besana
09777302946 / email@example.com
Program Officer Stakeholder Management
For cash donations, prescribed toy and book donations and other information:
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at +63(917)150-7725.