RUN FREE FROM MODERN SLAVERY 2017
We are Visayan Forum Foundation and Zonta International District 17, Area 5. The Visayan Forum Foundation is a non-government organization established in 1991 in the Philippines, known for its innovations addressing modern slavery, especially human trafficking and domestic servitude. VF is committed in its mission in innovating lasting solutions to end exploitation and slavery. We are recognized as an innovator in the global fight against human trafficking and we continues to rescue and provide psychosocial, educational, and legal support to victims through halfway house services and long-term shelter. On the other hand, Zonta International District 17, Area 5 is one of the operating arms of Zonta International in Asia. Over the past decades, Zonta has been instrumental to the elimination of gender discrimination in job opportunities and rates of pay. We also provide educational, leadership and youth development opportunities for women around the world.
In our efforts to intensify our campaigns against modern slavery especially human trafficking, we launch a national advocacy Campaign that will start in organizing a Run for a Cause entitled “Run Free from Modern Slavery” in Manila. It seeks to raise awareness among the public on human trafficking, and empower advocates and citizens to become watchdogs in their own communities by driving them into action through grassroots involvement and amplified action through mainstream and digital media. The proceeds of the run will be used for sustaining VF’s Programs such as healing and recovery of the human trafficking survivors.
The event will kick off on Sunday, November 19, 2017, 4:00AM at Quezon Memorial Circle in Quezon City. It will involve partners from the media, government, non-government organizations, faith-based groups, corporations, academe and celebrity ambassadors.
In line with this, we are inviting you to be one of our Volunteers!
• Every Volunteer is expected to arrive in Quezon Memorial Circle, Liwasang Aurora stage at 3:00AM
• Each Volunteer will receive an event shirt, to worn during the event. We will also provide IDs and meals
• Bring your own tumbler or a bottled water; face towel and extra T-shirt
• Kindly bring black trash bag each Volunteer for small garbage or waste
• Be sure that your body is strong enough and in well condition
• Please bring your own medication if necessary
• Avoid bringing big bags. Neither VF nor Zonta will be liable for any loss of personal belongings
• Kindly contact us prior the event for preliminary instructions
For more information, kindly message us at our contact details below and look for Nica or Rachel
T: (02) 709 0711
M: (63) 906 938 6115
Thank you so much and we hope to see you soon! :)